No Knead Olive Bread in a Dutch Oven
2 small loaves or 1 large loave
- 3 cups bread flour and a little more for dusting
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp yeast
- 1 tsp thyme
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2.25 oz / 63g black olives
- 3oz / 85g stuffed green olives
- 3.5 oz / 99 g Kalamata olives
- 12 oz / 340g water / 1.3L
- Measure and cut the olives according to taste.
- Mix the dry ingredients and then mix them with the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Add the olives and stir. (It might look like it's too many olives, however, it will look different after it has rested)
- Fold and shape the dough with a spatula into a ball.
- Put plastic over the dough and let it rest for 12-24 hours.
- Do the folding procedure again with a spatula then cover with a towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Pour the dough on a well a well-floured surface.
- Flatten the dough and fold it into itself and form a ball.
- If you want 2 loaves, cut the dough in half and shape the pieces according to the form you will use to bake in. If you use a Dutch oven, form into a ball.
- Let the dough rest for 1.5 hours under a kitchen towel.
- You can set a timer on 1 hour and then set the oven to 450F / 230C and insert the Dutch oven for 30 minutes. When the 30 minutes is up both the dough and Dutch oven are ready.
- If you make two loaves, bake for 25 minutes with the lid on and then 10 minutes without the lid. If you make one loave, bake for 30 minutes with the lid on and then 20 minutes without the lid.