- 125 g butter
- 3 dl flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp water
- 150 g smoked ham
- 150 g grated cheddar
- 1 1/2 dl milk
- 1 1/2 dl cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 ml cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut the butter into cubes. Mix the dough ingredients in a food processor or by hand.
- Press out the dough into the skillet and then prick the dough and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes or the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Pre-bake the dough in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- For the filling, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, cayenne, and salt.
- Cut the ham into small cubes if not already shredded.
- Add ham and cheese to the pie crust. Pour the mixture over the ham and cheese and gently stir to let the mixture spread throughout the pan.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes in the oven.
- Let it cool and serve with a salad.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.
Leave a comment