Potato and Onion Soup Topped with Roasted Almonds
- 500 grams potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 7 dl water
- 3 dl cream
- 1 vegetable bullion cube
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, grated
- 1 - 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Roasted almonds for topping
- Peel the potatoes, onion and garlic.
- Cut the potatoes in cubes, and mince the onion and garlic clove.
- Saute the potatoes, onion and garlic in the butter for a few minutes until the onion softens.
- Add the thyme and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add water, cream, and the buljeone cube. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes soften.
- Mix the soup until smooth add more water if needed. Taste with lemon zest, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Top with roasted almonds and/or crispy roasted onions and bread.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.
Hinterlassen Sie einen Kommentar