- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces (400g) of crushed tomatoes
- 16 ounces (454g) canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 ½ tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 13.5 ounces (383g) canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (optional)
- 1 lime
- Salt & black pepper
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- Add cooking oil to a pot, wok or pan over medium heat.
- Fry the onion for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and fry for one more minute before adding the crushed tomatoes. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas, garam masala, curry powder, and cumin.
- Add the coconut milk and stir. If you would like to thicken the sauce, stir in a little bit of corn starch until desired thickness. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze in a lime and stir (or alternatively serve with a piece of lime).
- Serve with or without rice and if desired top with some fresh coriander.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.