- 5 dl water
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 11 dl all-purpose flour
- 1 egg and your favorite seeds (optional)
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water (98.6°F / 37°C).
- Add in the flour and salt and combine into a smooth and little bit sticky dough. Let the dough rest for 45 minutes until doubled in size under a kitchen towel.
- Form into a loaf and put on a buttered pan (or lay a sheet of baking paper in the pan) and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Set the oven to 392°F / 200°C.
- (optional) Beat an egg and brush egg wash onto the dough and garnish with seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, plus another 5 minutes at maximum temperature to get a crispy crust.