- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 package dry yeast or 25g fresh yeast
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups Flour
The tomato sauce (2 servings)
- 18.67 oz / 500 g can crushed tomatoes
- Tomato paste (4oz / 113.3981g or 1/2 cup / 1 dl)
- 1.33 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 0.33 Tbsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.67 tsp basil
- 0.33 tsp dried oregano
- Pour 1/4 cup of warm water (body temperature) to a mixing bowl and add yeast and honey, stir and let sit for 10 minutes (with fresh yeast you don't have to wait and can go immediately to step 2).
- Add 3/4 cup of water, olive oil, and salt. Give it a little stir.
- Add 2.5 cups of flour and mix with a machine or by hand.
- When mixed let it rest for 30-40 minutes in a bowl covered with a kitchen towel or until the dough has doubled in size.
- In the meantime, start making the tomato sauce.
- Heat the oven to 500°F / 250°C.
- Pre-heat a 13.5" cast iron pizza pan (optional) to give the dough a better crust.
- Put the dough in the pizza pan and spread it out to the edges.
- Add the tomato sauce using a circular motion with a ladle. Pre-bake the dough for 3-4 minutes.
- Add cheese and salami or topping of your choice.
- Put the cast iron pizza pan in the oven for about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush the edge of the pizza with olive oil, after which your pizza is ready to be eaten. Enjoy!
Tomato sauce instructions
- Add all ingredients into a pot and let it simmer for 15-30 minutes.
- Run the tomato sauce in a mixer for 30 - 45 seconds to get rid of any eventual crushed tomato piece and make the sauce smoother.
Any leftover can be used as pasta sauce.