2 - 4 servings
- 9 - 10 tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 3 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Halve the tomatoes and place them cut side up in an oven-safe form. Cut the onion into cloves and add to the form. Add the garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Use a brush to coat well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes in the oven.
- Scrape all ingredients into a blender and add cream, parmesan, basil, and tomato paste. Mix until smooth and season according to taste.
- Serve with grilled cheese.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.