- 425 - 450 grams puff pastry, thawed
- 565 grams of apples, peeled, cored, and diced into 1 cm pieces
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg and 1 tbsp water for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Thaw the puff pastry.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt the butter and add the apples, cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes until the apples are soft and caramelized, then remove from the heat.
- Use a rolling pin to create 13 - 15 cm squares of puff pastry. Cut with a pizza cutter.
- Place the caramelized apples in the middle of a piece and leave a 0.5"/1.5 cm border.
- Make the egg wash by beating the egg and mix with the water. Lightly brush the egg wash on the border, then fold the dough diagonally over the apples and seal the dough with a fork. Do the same with all pieces.
- Transfer to a baking sheet with parchment paper with at least 1"/2.5 cm space in between each piece.
- Cut 3 small slits in at the top of each turnover with a paring knife.
- Brush each turnover with egg wash and bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cake glaze.
- Serve while the turnovers are still warm and drizzle glaze over each turnover.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.