Looking for a hearty and flavorful dish that will impress your guests or simply satisfy your cravings? Look no further than this delicious Brised Chuck Roast with Balsamic Vinegar and Red Onion recipe. With tender chunks of chuck roast, aromatic garlic and thyme, and the perfect balance of red wine and balsamic vinegar, this dish is sure to become a new favorite. Plus, the addition of red onions and fresh parsley add a burst of color and flavor to the dish, making it both delicious and visually appealing. Serve with bread and a salad for a complete and satisfying meal that is perfect for any occasion.
- 600 g chuck roast, cut into about 3 cm pieces
- 4 red onions, cut into cloves
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 dl red wine
- 1 balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- 1 liter water
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
- Brown the meat over medium-high in a Dutch oven.
- Add garlic, thyme, and tomato paste, and saute for a few minutes more.
- Add wine, vinegar, bullion, and water.
- Let it simmer with a lid on for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the red onion and simmer for about 20 - 30 minutes more.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley, bread and a salad.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.