- 500 g carrots
- 200 g parsnip
- 3 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chili
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 piece turmeric root (about 7 cm), grated
- 1 litre water
- 2 tbsp vegetable fond or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Peel and chop the carrot, parsnip, and mince the garlic, and chili (remove the seeds first).
- Sizzle the root vegetables, shallots, garlic, and chili in a Dutch oven for about 5 minutes until the shallots have softened.
- Scrape the ginger and turmeric with a teaspoon and grate. Add the ginger, turmeric, and water to the Dutch oven and bring to a simmer.
- Add the fond/bullion and season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Mix the soup in a mixer. Stir in the coconut milk and taste with lime juice.
- Serve in bowls with drizzled olive oil, root vegetable chips, and bread.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.