- 700 g chanterelles, save 200 g for topping
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried
- 3 dl white wine
- 5 dl cream
- 3 tablespoons of chanterelle or vegetable stock
- 1 liter of water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- chanterelles fried in butter (bread croutons or crispy bacon are also great alternatives as topping)
- Trim and cut the mushrooms into rough pieces. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, sweat the chanterelles without fat in a hot frying pan.
- When the liquid has evaporated, add the butter and saute for a few minutes.
- When the mushrooms have a nice color, set aside about 1/4 of the fried mushrooms for topping.
- Peel and chop the yellow onion and garlic. Chop the thyme.
- Add the onion, garlic and thyme to the Dutch oven and gently fry it together with the chanterelles until the onions has softened.
- Pour in the wine and bring to a boil and let it simmer for a minute.
- Add cream and fond. Let the soup simmer for 15–20 minutes. Mix the soup with a mixer. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Top the soup with fresh thyme and butter-fried chanterelles when serving.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.