3 - 4 servings
- 2 eggplants, about 800-1000 grams
- 3-4 onions
- 150 grams of feta cheese
- 1/2 dl parsley
- 1 tsp mint, dried
- 2 dl cream
- 1 dl grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Slice the eggplants into 1 cm slices and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake in the oven until they have softened and gained some color.
- Slice the onion into thin slices and brown in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Create a layer of eggplants in the bottom of a 10" cast iron skillet and add on top of that spread half of the onions, half of the mint,
- half of the parsley and crumble half the feta cheese.
- Make a similar layer with the rest of the eggplant, onions, mint, parsley, and feta cheese.
- Finish with the grated cheese and then pour the cream over everything.
- Bake in the oven at 220°C/430°F for about 30-35 minutes.
- Serve with a salad.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.