- 2 yellow onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 carrots (about 120 g each)
- 4 large stalks of celery
- 1/2 dl extra virgine olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- black pepper
- pasta for 4 servings
- 2 dl pasta water
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Peel the onions, garlic and carrots. Finely chop the onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Sweat (not brown) the vegetables in oil over medium heat for 15 minutes. Add tomato puree and vinegar and keep on medium heat for another 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and save 2 dl of pasta water.
- Add the pasta water and pasta to the frying pan and let it boil a little. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley and grated parmesan.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.