Welcome to a delightful culinary journey where the tartness of rhubarb meets the aromatic essence of cardamom in a harmonious fusion. In this recipe, we explore the creation of a Rhubarb and Cardamom Cake, a dessert that celebrates the vibrant flavors of rhubarb while adding a hint of spice with the inclusion of fragrant cardamom. The combination of a flaky crust, sweet-tart rhubarb filling, and the unique addition of cardamom creates a cake that is both comforting and exotic. Let's dive into the steps of crafting this inviting and flavorsome cake that's sure to enchant your taste buds.
- 100 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 dl sugar
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 3 dl (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 ml vanilla powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 ml salt
- 4 rhubarb stalks - preferably thin
- coconut flakes to sprinkle the oven form with.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and half of the cardamom.
- Stir the butter into the egg mixture and then stir in the flour mixture.
- Grease a 10" (25 cm) cast iron skillet with butter and sprinkle it with coconut flakes. Pour the batter into the skillet.
- Cut the rhubarb into sticks, splitting them lengthwise if they are thick. Create a nice pattern (see images for inspiration) of rhubarb at the top of the batter. Sprinkle the rest of the cardamom over the cake.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for 30–35 min, it should be a little sticky and tough. Let cool.
- Serve with coffee and whipped cream or vanilla sauce.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.