- Olive oil
- Rosemary / Thyme or both
- Keep the entrecote at room temperature for at least 30 min before start cooking.
- Dry the entrecote with a paper towel until the surface is completely try on both sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet (smoking hot) at max or just under max temperature on the stove depending on which stove type used.
- Add olive oil and lay the steak into the pan away from you to avoid hot oil splatter on your hand and arm.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes depending on how well done you want it.
- Turn the steak and add a few tablespoons of butter, rosemary, and a few crushed garlic cloves.
- Tilt the pan and baste the steak with the butter for 1-2 minutes.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.