- 50 grams (or to taste) Nduja
- 400 grams, crushed or whole canned tomatoes.
- Parmesan (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Fresh basil (optional)
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 package dry yeast or 25g fresh yeast
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups Flour
For the dough
- Pour 1/4 cup of warm water (body temperature) into a mixing bowl and add yeast and honey, stir, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup of water, olive oil, and salt. Give it a little stir.
- Add 2.5 cups of flour and mix with a machine or by hand.
- When mixed let it rest for 30-40 minutes in a bowl with a towel on top until the dough has doubled in size.
- Mix the tomatoes in a mixer to get the right consistency.
- In a pot over medium heat, add the Nduja and let it melt and then add the tomatoes.
Bake the pizza
- Use half the dough and make it flat and round using your hands or a rolling pin.
- Lay the dough on a pizza pan or an oven tray and add Nduja tomato sauce on one half of the dough and then add cheese, ham, and any other ingredients you like. Fold the other side of the dough over the side with the ingredients and then fold the edge of the dough upward to seal the dough and prevent fluid from pouring out.
- (optional) If you like you can make some dough and make a pattern on it and put on top of the pizza as you can see in the images. Beat an egg with some water and brush egg wash onto the pizza and add some sesame seeds for garnishing.
- Bake in the oven at 250°C/480°F for about 13 - 15 minutes.
- Serve with a salad.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.