Cinnamon Rolls in a Cast Iron Baking/Frying/Pizza Pan
Servings: About 20 rolls
- 1/2 package dry yeast or 25g fresh yeast
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1.3 cups / 3 dl milk
- 50 ml / 1/4 cup / 1/2 dl of sugar
- 1 ml of salt
- 480 g / 3.4 cups / 8 dl all-purpose flour
- 50 g margarine
- 1/4 cup / 1/2 dl brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Pearl Sugar
- Icing Glaze (optional)
- For the dough, mix the melted butter and the milk and heat to about body temperature 37°C/98°F.
- Add the yeast and let it rest for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, add sugar, salt, and flour. Mix with a kitchen machine (until nothing sticks to the side of the bowl) or by hand.
- Let the dough rest for 40 minutes under a kitchen towel until it has doubled in size.
- Use a rolling pin and flatten the dough to a rectangle form of about 16" x 12" / 40 cm x 30 cm.
- Worm up the butter in a microwave oven and spread it evenly on top of the dough.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon and spread evenly on top of the butter.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder and cut it into about 1" (2,5 cm) pieces.
- Place the rolls into the Cast Iron Baking/Frying/Pizza Pan with a little bit of margin in between. Any spare pieces can be put in an extra skillet or another form.
- Let the rolls rest for about 20 minutes under a kitchen towel.
- Preheat the oven to 480°F (250°C)
- Beat the egg and brush the egg on top of the rolls and spread pearl sugar on top of the rolls.
- Bake the rolls in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Spread icing on top of the rolls (optional).
- Serve with coffee or a beverage of your choice.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.
Leave a comment