- Tomatoes (whole or halved)
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 sliced garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 7.5 dl water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 dl parmesan
- 2.5 dl Polenta
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring the water to a boil with the vegetable stock cube.
- Add polenta while stirring vigorously until it forms a smooth porridge. Turn down the heat and keep stirring for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the polenta 2-3 cm thick in a pre-oiled form. Even out the surface with a silicone spatula or a spoon. Let the polenta rest in the fridge for an hour or two.
- Cut the polenta into square pieces and fry in oil for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- If you use whole tomatoes, make a hole in them with a knife.
- Put the tomatoes on a roasting pan, add the garlic, and drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add the thyme and roast in the oven for 1 hour.
- Serve with creme fraiche and basil (optional)