12 - 14 small potatoes
6 - 8 medium potatoes
- 1 tbsp salt for boiling
- 30 g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a pot, cover the potatoes with water and add the salt. Boil the potatoes for about 20-25 minutes if using small potatoes or 30 minutes for medium size.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F/200°C.
- Drain the potatoes and let them dry for about 5 minutes.
- Smash the potatoes with a potato masher, a fork, or the bottom of a glass. The thinner the crispier.
- Melt the butter and drizzle over the potatoes. Then drizzle olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 45 - 55 depending on the thickness of the potatoes and your personal preference. Do not flip them.
- Serve hot with chopped parsley.