Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta
3 - 4 servings
- 2 - 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed in 1.5 - 2 cm cubes
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 - 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped sage
- 1/2 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper
- 1 pound of pasta of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Add the butternut squash, red pepper flakes, thyme, and half the rosemary to a roasting pan. Cut off the top of the head of garlic and place on the oven-safe form and drizzle with olive oil so that everything is coated with oil. Bake in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes until the squash is tender and golden brown.
- Lay the slices of prosciutto on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake in the oven until the slices are golden and crips about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box and save some pasta water in case it's needed for the sauce.
- Add the butternut squash, ricotta, and garlic to a food processor or mixer. Puree until smooth. Add some water if it's difficult to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet or wok, melt butter and add sage and the remaining rosemary. Cook until the butter is browning. Add the butternut purée and stir in about 1/2 cup of pasta water. Add the gouda and parmesan and stir until melted.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir so that all pasta is coated. Add more pasta water if you want a thinner sauce.
- Serve the pasta topped with pieces of crispy prosciutto and grated parmesan.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.
Hinterlassen Sie einen Kommentar