If you're looking for a delicious and healthy vegetarian dish to add to your recipe collection, then this Ratatouille recipe is perfect for you. Ratatouille is a classic French dish that is bursting with flavor and packed with nutritious vegetables. In this recipe, we use eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, and tomatoes, along with a few seasonings and spices, to create a mouthwatering dish that will satisfy your taste buds. This recipe can be served on its own or used as a topping for pizza. Additionally, you can add eggs to make a delicious Shakshuka or top with sautéed halloumi cheese for an extra twist. This recipe is easy to make and can be ready in less than an hour, making it a perfect weeknight dinner option.
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 400 grams eggplant, grossly chopped
- 400 grams of zucchini, grossly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 dl white wine
- 400-500 grams (1 can) of peeled tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
When seasoning with cumin and paprika, you can also use it as a base to make Shakshuka. In a skillet, make 4 holes in the Ratatouille and crack an egg in each whole. Then add a lid and let it simmer for about 10 minutes, or bake in the oven at 175°C/350°F for 7 - 10 minutes.
Both versions can be used as topping for pizza.
- In a Dutch oven or skillet over medium heat, fry the onion for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, eggplant, and zucchini. Season with salt. Fry for about 10 minutes, and stir regularly.
- Add the bell pepper, tomato paste, wine, and tomatoes. Choose which seasoning you like and let it simmer for about 30 minutes with a lid.
- Serve with bread, roasted potato wedges, and/or top with sauteed halloumi cheese (only use halloumi for the rosemary and thyme alternative in my opinion).
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.
Hinterlassen Sie einen Kommentar