Saffron and pear cake topped with ginger and cardamom crumbs
About 12 - 24 pieces depending of size.
- 100 g butter
- 1 pack saffron - (0.5 g)
- 0,5 dl milk
- 2 - 3 pears
- 1 lemon (skip if you don’t like zest)
- 3 eggs
- 2.5 dl sugar
- 3 dl all-purpose flour - (180 g)
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
Ginger and cardamom crumbs
- 1.5 dl all-purpose flour
- 75 g butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 0.75 tsp ginger, ground
- 0.5 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 ml baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- In a pot over medium heat, melt the butter and stir in the saffron, then remove the pot from the heat and let it cool a little. Stir in the milk.
- Butter and bread crumb an oven-safe form about 8.5" x 13" (22 x 34 cm), we used this enameled cast iron roasting pan.
- Peel the pear and cut in wedges.
- Zest the lemon (wash the lemon first) and save 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Mix the pear, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Ginger and cardamom crumbs: Mix all ingredients into crumbs.
- Whisk eggs and sugar with a hand mixer. Mix the flour, vanilla sugar, and baking powder and mix together with the egg and sugar batter. Stir in the butter mixture.
- Pour the batter into the oven-safe form. Distribute the pears on top of the batter. Spread the ginger and cardamom crumbs on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes in the middle of the oven. Test with a toothpick in the middle of the cake if it's ready (no wet mixture on the toothpick).
- Let it cool, cut it into squares, and serve the cake with coffee.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.
Hinterlassen Sie einen Kommentar