About 15 medium size buns
- 50 grams of fresh yeast or equivalent dry yeast
- 200 grams butter
- 1 gram Saffron (for more Saffron flavour you can add more)
- 2 dl sugar
- 5 dl milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 dl all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- raisins (optional)
- Crumb the yeast into a bowl.
- In a pot over low heat, melt the butter and stir in the Saffron, then add the milk and heat to body temperature 37°C/98.6°F.
- Mix the yeast with the Saffron mixture. Then add the salt and sugar.
- Add the flour and mix with a kitchen assistant for 5 minutes or 10 minutes by hand.
- Let the dough rest for 35-45 minutes under a kitchen towel.
- Lay the dough on a lightly flowered counter.
- Shape the buns according to preference and lay them on a tray with parchment paper on top. Remember that the bigger buns the more time in the oven is needed so don't mix large and small buns on the same tray.
- Let the buns proof under a kitchen towel for 35-45 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Beat the egg and brush the buns with the egg. Add the raisins.
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 20 minutes depending on the size of the buns.
- Let the buns cool under a kitchen towel.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.
Dejar un comentario