Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 0.5 l water
- 2 - 3 dl cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan grated (optional)
- 1-2 ml cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C
- Add the butternut squash to a roasting pan. Peel the onion, cut it in half, and add to the pan. Cut off the top of the garlic head and add to the pan. Drizzle with olive oil and make sure all ingredients are coated.
- Roast in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil and add the stock cube, stirring until the stock cube is dissolved.
- Add the butternut squash, onion and garlic, and about half of the stock water to a mixer. Mix until smooth.
- Add 2 dl of the cream, parmesan, and cayenne pepper and mix.
- Check the texture of the soup. If you like a thinner soup add some more stock water.
- (Optional) Strain the soup in a kitchen sieve.
- Serve with some freshly cracked black pepper and cream for garnishing.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.
Leave a comment