Smashed burger is perfect to make on a cast iron griddle since they can be used both indoors and outdoors on the grill.
- Ground beef mixture of your choice
- Hamburger sauce
- Cheese of your choice
- Iceberg lettuce
- Canola oil
- Hamburger bread
- Form the ground beef into small balls according to the size you would like when the burger is flat.
- On a hot griddle, fry the hamburger bread for a minute to get a crispy surface to avoid them getting saggy by the hamburger sauce (optional).
- On a hot griddle, ad a little canola oil (optional), and add a ball of ground beef to the griddle and press the ground beef with a spatula or something flat until the ground beef is 5 mm flat and round. You can add a piece of parchment paper on top of the ground beef ball before pressing to avoid meat sticking to the object you are pressing with. Fry the burger for about 1 minute.
- When you turn the burger, add cheese on top and sprinkle a little water around the burger and immediately put a lid over to help the cheese to melt. Fry for 1 minute and then remove the burger from the griddle.
- Add hamburger sauce and topping of your choice and serve immediately.