- 1 - 2 chicken filets (depending on size)
- fresh thyme
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- oil and butter for frying
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices of white bread
- 1 pack of bacon
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- iceberg lettuce
- 2 dl mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- olive oil
- Chips for serving
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/430°F.
- Add oil and chicken to a skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Fry for about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken and fry for a few more minutes. Add butter for basting, plus garlic and thyme. Baste the chicken for a minute. Remove from the heat.
- Add parchment paper and drizzle a little olive oil on the paper. Lay the bread on the parchment paper and drizzle olive oil on the bread. Bake for about 5 minutes in the oven.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon and remove it from the heat.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard to a slice of bread. Add chicken tomatoes and lettuce. On a new slice of bread, add mayonnaise add on top of the sandwich with the mayonnaise faced down. Add mayonnaise on the top of the second slice and then add lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon. Add the last slice of bread with mayonnaise facing down.
- To hold the sandwich in place while cutting, penetrate 4 thin sticks or toothpicks all the way through what will be each of the 4 pieces of club sandwich after cutting. Start by cutting off the edges of the bread on each side, about 0.5 cm. Then cut the sandwich across the sandwich resulting in 4 pieces.
- Serve with chips.