Blueberry Pie with Creamy Amaretto and Almond Filling
6 - 8 servings
- 250 g blueberries, frozen
- 50g butter (room temperature)
- 0.5 dl sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Amaretto
- 0.5 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2.5 dl almond flour
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- About 250 g - 300 g puff pastry (roll or frozen sheets)
- 2 tbsp raw cane sugar
- Vanilla sauce
- Preheat the oven to 356°F/180°C.
- Whisk together butter and sugar with a hand mixer. Add 1 egg, vanilla sugar, Amaretto, and whisk until smooth. Add the almond flour and 1 tbsp all-purpose flour and mix until combined.
- Lay the dough on parchment paper and if using sheets roll them gently together with a rolling pin.
- Spread the almond cream on the dough but leave about 4 cm on the sides that will be folded over later.
- Mix the blueberries with 1 tbsp all-purpose flour and 1 tbsp raw cane sugar. Then spread the blueberries on top of the almond cream, most of it in the middle.
- Fold the sides up over the berries enough to avoid liquid from the berries to pour out when baked in the oven.
- Brush the folded dough with 1 beaten egg and sprinkle the remaining 1 tbsp raw cane sugar on top of the brushed egg on the folded dough.
- Place the pie on a tray or oven-safe form by lifting the parchment paper, we used an enameled cast iron roasting pan. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if the dough is getting too much color after 30 minutes.
- Serve the pie with whipped cream or vanilla sauce.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.
Leave a comment