Broccoli Soup with Blue Cheese Bread
- 500 g broccoli
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 potatoes
- 2 vegetable bullion cubes
- 2,5 dl cream
- 140 g blue cheese
- 4 slices of sourdough bread or other bread if you prefer
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh parsley for garnishing
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to the highest setting.
- Cut the broccoli into smaller pieces, chop the onion and garlic clove, and cut the potatoes into 2 cm pieces.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, add olive oil and sear broccoli, onion, and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, bullion cubes, salt, and pepper, and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the soup then add the cream and taste with vinegar.
- Slice the blue cheese and lay it on top of the bread and bake for about 3-5 minutes in the oven.
- Serve the bread to the soup or cut it into 1 cm pieces and use it as croutons for topping.
- Drizzle about 1 tbsp olive oil in a circle on the soup and top with fresh parsley.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.
Leave a comment