- 4 large or 8 small slices of bread
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 16 cocktail tomatoes or 4 large tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp balsamic vinager (optional)
- 8 - 10 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Grill the slices of bread in the oven at 250°C/480°F or fry in a frying pan until golden.
- Meanwhile, press the garlic and mix with the olive oil. Alternatively, instead of pressing the garlic just rub the garlic clove on the bread in the next step.
- Brush the bread with the olive oil mixture.
- Dice the tomatoes and mix with the remaining olive oil and add vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Spread the tomato mixture on the pieces of bread.
- Garnish by drizzling olive oil on top and finish with some flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.
Leave a comment