Pasta alla Siciliana
- 1 lb / 450 grams tube shaped pasta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can 28 ounce (about 800 grams) crushed tomatoes
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1 Medium onion
- 2 cups Mozzarella, cubed or 2 Mozzarella Fresca 125 grams
- 1/4 parmesan or pecorino, grated, plus extra for serving
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Add the cubed eggplant to a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the eggplant on an oven-safe tray and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box and save some pasta water if needed later.
- In a large pan or wok over medium heat, fry the onions, for a few minutes until softened, then add the garlic and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and the chili flakes.
- Add the Mozzarella and parmesan and stir until melted, then add the roasted eggplant and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and coat it with the sauce add extra pasta water if needed.
- Serve topped with chopped basil and grated parmesan.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.
Leave a comment