Spicy Chickpea Stew with Pepper and Zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 pepper, red
- 1/2 - 1 zucchini depending on the size
- 380 g precooked chickpeas
- 2 tbsp red chili paste
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- Jasmine rice
- lime for serving (optional)
- fresh cilantro for topping (optional)
- 1 pack of Tofu according to taste
- 1 dl flour
- 5 dl natural oil for deep frying
- Chop the onion grossly. Peel the pepper and cut the pepper and zucchini into large pieces.
- Drain the chickpeas.
- Fry the red chili paste in a Dutch oven or pot in oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onion, chickpeas, coconut milk, sugar, stock cubes and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add pepper and zucchini. Let cook for 2 more minutes. Taste with salt and pepper.
- (optional) Cut the tofu into inch cubes. Mix with the flour. Heat the oil until 340°F/170°C. Fry the tofu, in rounds, until golden and crispy 2 - 4 minutes.
- Serve the stew with rice and lime. Pop with tofu and coriander (optional).
Leave a comment