Zucchini and Chocolate Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs - lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 oz chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts - 1 3/4 ounces
- 2 cups grated zucchini (squeezed with a dishcloth)
- Oil, Butter or cooking spray for the oven form.
- Preheat oven to 325°F/165°C.
- In an oven safe loave form (on the image W 9 cm * L 26,5 cm * H 6 cm) apply a thin layer of oil, butter or cooking spray to make it non-stick.
- Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, applesauce, oil, vanilla and melted chocolate in another large bowl until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until combined.
- Fold in zucchini and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the oven safe form. Bake the loave 60 minutes, test with a toothpick inserted into the center and see if it comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Take the loave out of the form and put on a rack to cool completely.
Leave a comment