Kimchi means vegetable dishes that have been salted, seasoned, and fermented. Kimchi is from Korea and there are now more than a hundred variations of Kimchi.
Kimchi is an incredible source of useful lactic acid bacteria, has excellent anti-oxidation and anticancer properties, and helps to prevent aging.
- 1 ½ kg napa cabbage
- 3 tbsp salt
- 6 scallions
- 10 cm/3.93" daikon radish
- 1 apple
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 ½ dl water
- 1 ¼ dl fish sauce
- 1–1 ½ dl gochugaru
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp grated garlic
- 1 grated yellow onion
- 3 - 4 raw shrimps, about 2 ounces, finely minced (optional)
- Cut the whole cabbage in half (from top to bottom) and then cut each half in half (top to bottom). Cut each quarter in 4 cm/1.57" pieces.
- Put the cabbage in a large bowl and separate the leaves well.
- Season lightly with salt. Make sure all leaves are covered with salt. Let it rest for 1 1/2 hours.
- Rinse the cabbage thoroughly in water to remove the salt. Taste for your ideal saltiness.
- In a pot, mix water, rice flour, and sugar into a thick sauce. Let it cool a little, then add ginger, garlic, onion, fish sause and gochugaru.
- Shred the daikon radish.
- Peel the apple and cut it into small pieces.
- Slice the scallions into 0.5-1 cm slices.
- Mix the cabbage, daikon radish, apple, carrot, and scallions with the sauce. Mix thoroughly using your hand (use a glove if you have).
- Put the Kimchi into glass containers with a lid. Don't fill the containers all the way up, leave room for fermentation. Let rest at room temperature for 2 days. Because the taste will be more acidic and ripe the longer time the kimchi is stored at room temperature some people like to keep it for a few more days (up to a week) at room temperature, it's according to your taste (try and see what you like the most and leave a comment). Then store in the fridge. Some say the Kimchi tastes the best after two weeks. Although you can eat the Kimchi immediately, the kimchi needs about two weeks in the fridge to fully develop the flavors. You can keep the Kimchi in the fridge for at least 3 months before it goes bad. The fermented smell disappears after about 3 - 4 weeks.
Deixe um comentário