Pasta · Spinach pasta ·
Here's a fun way to include some more nutrients and color to your pasta.
- 270 grams frozen spinach, or fresh spinach
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- Thaw the spinach and then strain the spinach by pressing the spinach against a strainer with a spoon. If you use fresh spinach fry the spinach in a pan at medium heat until wilted. Let the spinach cool and then remove the liquid by squeezing out the water using a towel.
- Mix the eggs and spinach into a smooth purée in a mixer.
- Incorporate the salt and flour into a dough by hand (using the flour wall method) or with a food processor.
- When you have a shaggy dough, knead the dough for about 10 minutes by hand and add as much flour as needed. The dough cannot be too moist because it will then get stuck in the pasta cutter and the pasta will stick together when it comes through the cutter.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and let it rest for 30 minutes or more.
- Make your desired pasta shape and thickness and boil for about 1 minute in salted water. Test to see if the al dente level is the right for you.
- Store any remaining dough in the fridge.
Leave a comment