- 2 - 3 chicken filets
- 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 350 grams orzo
- 1 litre milk
- 400 ml / 4 dl chicken stock
- 25 grams or to taste Parmesan, grated
- 1/3 cup of basil, chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Toss the chicken with olive oil and 1 tbsp Cajun. Bake for 20-30 min depending on the size of the fillets in an oven safe form. Baste at least once during the cook time.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, fry onion, and bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft, then add the garlic and fry for 1 more minute. Add the Cajun seasoning and stir.
- Add the orzo, milk, and chicken stock. Mix and bring to a low simmer and cook until the orzo is al dente. The liquid should be reduced and creamy.
- Add chili flakes and Parmesan, basil, and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the orzo.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.