Christmas Ham Recipe
1 Chrsitmas ham
For the Grill
4 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 125°C / 260°F
- Rinse the ham under running water. Leave the net on the ham.
- Lay the ham with the rind up and without wrapping it in foil on a roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer into the ham so that the tip ends up in the middle of the thickest part of the ham. Put the pan in the bottom third of the oven.
- Take the ham out of the oven when the thermometer shows 70°C / 158°F.
- It takes approximately 1-1.5 hours per kg to reach this temperature.
- Let the ham cool. Remove the net and remove the rind.
The ham can also bake in foil at 175°C / 347°F.
- Set the oven to 200°C / 392°F. Mix the mustard, sugar, and yolk. Brush it onto the ham. Sprinkle breadcrumbs all around and so that it sticks to the mustard mixture.
- Put in the oven for about 15 minutes until it has received a nice golden color.