Introducing our delectable recipe for Creamy Mango Chicken Balti! This fusion dish combines the rich flavors of traditional Balti cuisine with the tropical sweetness of ripe mangoes, creating a delightful and unique culinary experience. In this recipe, succulent chicken is simmered in a creamy mango-infused sauce, enhancing the classic Balti spices and creating a delightful balance of savory and sweet. Let's embark on a culinary journey that promises to tantalize your taste buds and add a burst of exotic flavors to your dining table.
3 - 4 servings
- 500 g chicken fillet
- 2 carlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- butter or ghee
- 1 dl cream
- 2 dl yogurt 10%
- 200 g frozen mango
- fresh coriander for garnishing
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut the chicken into 2 - 3 cm pieces.
- Peel and mince the garlic. Saute garlic, tomato puree and spices in butter or ghee in a balti casserole, dutch oven or a cast iron skillet.
- Season the chicken and let it brown with the spices for about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and yogurt, and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mango and let it simmer for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Serve with the rice and garnish with coriander.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.