Embark on a culinary journey to the heart of Italy with our homemade marinara sauce recipe. Bursting with the vibrant flavors of ripe tomatoes, fragrant herbs, and aromatic garlic, this classic Italian sauce is a versatile staple that adds depth and richness to any dish. Whether drizzled over al dente pasta, smothered on pizza, or used as a dipping sauce for crusty bread, this marinara sauce elevates every meal with its robust taste and comforting familiarity. Join us as we delve into the art of crafting this beloved sauce from scratch, embracing tradition while adding our own unique twist.
- 500 grams crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 leaves of fresh basil
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, add olive oil and the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, salt, pepper, and basil, and cook for 15 minutes with a cover on. Stir occasionally.
- If you want a smoother sauce, give it a few pulses in a mixer.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.