Indulge in a taste of the Italian coastline with our delightful Pasta Cozze recipe featuring plump and flavorful blue mussels. This dish brings together the briny essence of fresh mussels and al dente pasta, harmoniously balanced with a medley of aromatic herbs and spices. Prepare to transport your taste buds to the shores of Italy with every savory, sea-infused bite. Let's dive into this culinary journey of flavors and discover the secrets of creating a memorable Pasta Cozze.
- Spaghetti for 4 servings according to the box instructions
- 1 kg/2.2 lb of fresh or frozen blue mussels (or mussels according to your preference)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 dl white wine
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 dl lemon juice
- 1 red chilli, cored and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Clean and wash the mussels and discard any that are not whole and closed. If you use frozen they might already have been cooked and then it doesn't matter if they are opened. Please refer to the instructions on the box for more information.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Saute the garlic in olive oil without browning over medium-low heat in a Balti dish, skillet or a Dutch oven.
- Pour in the wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels and cook over a high heat for about 2 minutes, covered, until all the mussels have opened.
- Throw away the ones that haven't opened.
- Take out the mussels and let the broth boil for 2 minutes and season with salt, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Pour in freshly cooked pasta, mussels, chilli.
- Serve topped with parsley.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.