- 1 kg Chuck
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 dl ketchup
- 1 tbsp Chipotle paste (alt. Chipotle powder or Chili powder)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Lime juice from 1 lemon.
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 ml pepper
- Set the oven to 150°C / 300°F. Put the meat into a cast iron Dutch oven.
- Peel the onion and slice it.
- Combine ketchup, chipotle paste, brown sugar, cumin, and lemon juice and smear the mixture on the beef.
- Cover with the lid and bake in the middle of the oven for 4 hours.
- Pull the cooked beef apart with 2 forks.
Suggestion: Serve with coleslaw and tomatoes.