- 25 g fresh yeast
- 5 dl water 37°C
- ½ dl syrup
- 12 ½ flour (750g)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- Mixed seeds
- Crumb the yeast and mix with water in a bowl.
- Add syrup, flour, and salt.
- Knead the dough by hand 10 minutes or in a machine for 5 minutes, then let it rest, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough and then cut it into 16 pieces and roll into balls. Flatten and make a hole in the middle and slightly pull to make the hole bigger, and put on an oven tray covered with baking paper. Let them rest, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Set the oven to 225°C.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot or a Dutch oven. Cook in rounds each bagel och each side for 1-2 minutes.
- Let them dry on a kitchen towel then but on an oven tray covered with baking paper.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle seeds on the bagels.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the bagels have a nice color. Let them cool for a minute. Refrigerate the bagels you don't eat immediately.