Embark on a culinary journey with our Authentic Biryani Recipe, a fragrant delight that captures the essence of this beloved South Asian dish. Biryani, a symphony of spices, tender meat, and aromatic basmati rice, has enchanted taste buds for centuries. This recipe honors tradition while ensuring a seamless cooking experience. Join us as we guide you through the art of crafting this flavorful masterpiece, celebrating the rich history and diverse flavors that make biryani a global favorite. Get ready to infuse your kitchen with the scents of cumin, cardamom, and saffron as we delve into the secrets of creating an unforgettable biryani. Let's elevate your home-cooking adventure with this delectable journey into the heart of authentic biryani preparation.
- 500 g chicken fillet
- 1 dl Turkish yogurt
- 1 tbsp Biryani masala seasoning
- 0.5 g Saffron
- 1/2 dl milk
- 4 dl basmati rice
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 fresh green chilies
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tbsp Biryani seasoning
- 1 lemon, squeezed juice
- 1 dl raisins (optional)
- 3 dl water
- Fresh coriander or mint
- Roasted almond flakes
- In a bowl, mix yogurt and biryani seasoning.
- Cut each chicken fillet into four pieces and mix with the biryani mixture. Let stand at room temperature for approx. 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C/480°F.
- In a bowl, mix the saffron with warm milk and set aside.
- In a pot, bring 5 dl of water to a boil and add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Rinse the rice thoroughly in warm water and boil it for about 2 minutes. Pour off the water.
- Chop the onion and slice the chili.
- Place the chicken on a roasting pan and roast in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes.
- In a deep pan or Dutch oven over medium-low heat, add cooking oil and sweat the onion for about 4 - 5 min. Add chilli, crumbled bouillon, biryani and rice. Cook for about 4 - 5 min.
- Add lemon juice, chicken and raisins. Mix well.
- In a pot, bring 3 dl of water to a boil and remove from the heat. Pour the hot water into the rice mixture and drizzle over the milk. Cover with a lid and lower the heat and cook for about 15 min.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve topped with mint or coriander and almond flakes.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.