- 25 grams fresh yeast
- 2 cups water
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- In a bowl, mix yeast with water and then add the remaining ingredients.
- Knead the dough using an electric mixer with a dough hook for 5 minutes (or stir together and knead by hand). If the dough is too sticky add more flour, 1/2 dl at a time.
- Let the dough rest for 40 minutes or until doubled in size under a kitchen towel.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F
- Brush the bread pan with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Form the dough into a loaf and place the dough in the bread form. Cover with the lid and let it proof for 40 minutes.
- Bake on the bottom rack in the oven for 40 minutes with the lid on.
- Increase the temperature to 250°C / 480°F and take off the lid for 10 minutes for a prefect crust.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.