Indulge in the comforting embrace of a classic French dish with our delectable Potato and Leek Gratin recipe. This rustic yet elegant culinary creation is a celebration of simplicity and sophistication, showcasing the harmonious pairing of tender, thinly sliced potatoes and delicate leeks, generously enveloped in a rich, creamy sauce. This recipe will guide you through the steps to achieve a dish that is not only visually stunning but also bursting with layers of flavor and texture. Whether you're hosting an intimate gathering or craving a hearty side for a weeknight dinner, our Potato and Leek Gratin is sure to become a cherished favorite in your repertoire. Let's embark on a culinary journey that elevates the humble potato to a whole new level of deliciousness.
- 900 grams potatoes
- 1 leek
- 2 dl heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 dl milk
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper (optional)
- 1 dl parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F
- Wash and slice the leek thinly. Peel and slice the potatoes thinly, about 3 mm.
- Saute the leek in butter in a skillet over medium heat until softened.
- Add the potatoes and leek to an oven-safe form or roasting pan (25 cm x 20 cm). Make sure the leek is spread evenly.
- In a pot over medium heat mix milk, cream, and salt and bring to a simmer while stirring.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes and leek in the roasting pan. Season with pepper (optional).
- Top with the cheese and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil at the end if there is too much color.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.