- approx. 1.1 kg/2.42 lb thick pork ribs
- 2 yellow onions
- 15 black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 meat bouillon cube
- 3 bay leaves
- Orange and Ginger Glaze
- Cabbage Salad with Lemon, Parsley and Roasted Almonds
- Peel and cut the onions into wedges.
- In a Dutch oven, place the meat together with the onion, peppercorns, salt, bay leaves and crumbled bouillon cubes. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Remove any foam and gently simmer the ribs for 1 1/2 hours. If necessary, pour in a little water from time to time so that it covers the meat at all times.
- Prepare the cabbage salad.
- If necessary, pour in a little water from time to time so that it covers the meat at all times.
- Set the oven to 225˚C/435°F.
- Cook the glaze.
- Turn the ribs into the glaze and place in a cast iron skillet.
- Put the cast iron pan in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes, turning the meat from time to time and brush liberally with the remaining glaze.
- Serve with cabbage salad and some additional glaze at the side in case anyone would like some extra glaze.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.