In this culinary escapade, we invite you to explore the artistry of baking, where simple ingredients transform into a symphony of flavors and textures. The Saffron Cake, with its vibrant hues and intricate blend of spices, is not just a dessert; it's a celebration of culinary finesse and a testament to the joy that well-crafted recipes can bring.
Let the aroma of saffron fill your kitchen, and the decadence of the Saffron Cake become a cherished memory in your culinary repertoire. Prepare to embark on a culinary adventure that transcends the ordinary and brings the extraordinary to your table.
- 200 g room temperature butter + extra for greasing the oven form.
- 2½ dl sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 package of saffron, 0.5 g (or more according to taste)
- 1 dl of milk
- 4 dl all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Bread crumbs, alternatively coconut flakes for the oven form.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F
- In a bowl, stir together butter and sugar.
- Stir in one egg at a time.
- In a pot over medium-low heat, add milk and saffron and bring to a simmer while stirring. Remove from the heat.
- Mix flour with baking powder and sift half into the batter while stirring, then stir in the saffron milk and lastly the rest of the flour. Mix well.
- Grease the oven form and the bread crumbs.
- Pour the batter into an oven form (about 1 liter) and even out with a spatula.
- Bake at the bottom of the oven for about 50 minutes. Test if it is finished with a toothpick (should come out clean).
- Serve with coffee.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.