- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup thistle flower petals (separate the yellow petals discard the rest of the flower)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Blueberry glaze (optional but recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and the thistle flower petals and stir until combined.
- Add the batter into a loaf pan prepared brushed oil to the sides. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the loaf for 40-45 minutes. A toothpick in the center of the loaf should come out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the bread pan before removing it.
- Run a knife along the edges of the bread to make it easier to remove from the bread pan. Drizzle over blueberry glaze (optional) and serve with coffee.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.