4 - 6 servings
- 700 grams/1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1-2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp sesame oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a bowl, toss together the chicken, cornstarch, turmeric, ginger, and black pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce (if using) and 1/4 cup water.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, bell peppers, jalapeños, and shallots, cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the chicken, combine with the peppers, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the honey/soy sauce mix. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook for about 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.
- Serve with coconut lemongrass rice (or any rice you like). Top with additional basil according to taste.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.