Creamy Artichoke and Spinach Salmon
- 4 salmon filets
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 small shallots, sliced or smashed
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 1/4 cups canned full-fat coconut milk or heavy cream
- 2 ounces / 56 grams cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or manchego cheese
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 (12 ounce/340 grams) jar marinated artichokes roughly chopped
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Rub the salmon with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- In an oven-safe skillet, add the butter and cook the shallots, and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add the sage and cook another 2-3 minutes. The butter should be browned and the garlic golden and caramelized.
- Add the crushed red pepper flakes, coconut milk, and cream cheese. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth and creamy.
- Add the artichokes, parmesan and spinach, cook until the spinach is wilted, 3-5 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Put the salmon into the sauce. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake 10-15 minutes until salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with flaky sea salt.