- 500 g cauliflower
- 300 g broccoli
- 50 g butter
- 2-pack bacon (2 x 140 g)
- 0,5 dl flour
- 1 dl water from the cauliflower and broccoli
- 2 dl milk
- 2 dl cream
- black pepper
- 150 g Mozzarella, grated
- 1 dl Parmesan, grated
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/355°F
- Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into smaller pieces.
- Simmer the cauliflower and broccoli in salted water for about 3-4 minutes, to soften them a little, but not too soft.
- Remove the cauliflower and broccoli with a spider spoon into an oven-safe form and save 2 dl water from the pot.
- Cut the bacon into 1 - 2 cm pieces and fry until golden.
- In a pot over medium heat, melt the butter and stir in the flour. Then add the cream, milk, and the water you saved from the cauliflower pot, and bring to a boil while stirring. Keep stirring until thickened. Add more saved water if you want a thinner sauce.
- Spread the bacon on top of the cauliflower and broccoli. Pour the sauce evenly on top of the cauliflower bed and spread the mozzarella and parmesan on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley.
SAVE A RECIPE FOR LATER?
If you want to save this recipe for later, you can print it, bookmark the page or save it to Pinterest.
How to print a recipe without the images
- Go to https://www.printfriendly.com/
- Enter the link for the recipe into the input field and click the "Preview" button.
- In the preview, hover the element you don't want to print (images or other elements) and click the trashcan symbol to remove it.
- When you are done, click the print button.